Discourse Approach to BH Verbs (Balshanut)
Pete Bekins (בלשנות Balshanut) has provisionally completed—in only about one month’s time—an eight-part teaching and learning series on “A Discourse Approach to the BH Verbal System.”
The series does not have its own unique tag, though a Wordpress search for Pete’s tag “Semitic Verbal System” gets you the series and lots of other Balshanut posts in that larger vein. So, I link here each of the posts, for anybody who missed some or who would like to start from the beginning.
- Part 8: Conclusion
- Part 7: Direct Speech
- Part 6: Turning Toward Poetry
- Part 5: Beyond Narrative
- Part 4: Exceptions and Refinements
- Part 3: Grounding in BH Narrative
- Part 2: Foreground and Background
- Part 1: A Discourse Approach to the BH Verbal System
Take your time and have fun. I’ll be making sure that my intermediate Hebrew students are aware of the series.