The Real First Day, RBoC
Classes start a week from tomorrow. But as of today, summer is officially over.
Today begins our 2-day faculty retreat. Then, the rest of the week is new-student orientation. Then, a relatively joyless Labor Day weekend filled with the last-minute labors of course preparation. Then finally, "Good morning, eager young minds."
Here are my start-of-term Random Bullets of Crap:
- Try to chill out and enjoy faculty retreat for two days;
- Prepare for student orientation session on online coursework and our Bible Content course;
- Get advisees safely settled into their sockets for the term;
- Finish planning, syllabus, and LMS build for online course Intro to Old Testament;
- Complete last set of Flickr slides for face-to-face course Elementary Biblical Hebrew;
- Make progress in home stretch of online course in online pedagogy;
- Make long-postponed repairs to my suits: buttons, hems;
- Office housekeeping: get plant out of water pitcher into planter, and swap out cafeteria plastic tableware for a couple of sets of proper, if cheap, table settings.
Where are you in the start of the term? What are your own random bullets?
[The Real First Day, RBoC was written by G. Brooke Lester for Anumma.com and was originally posted on 2012/08/27. Except as noted, it is © 2012 G. Brooke Lester and licensed for re-use only under CC BY-NC-ND 3.0.]